Supporting workforce planning
Training Hubs are commissioned to:
- Deliver further development and expansion of placement capacity.
- Provide support for workforce planning at STP / ICS Level.
- Support the recruitment of primary care workforce by providing multi-professional training and education.
- Help embed ‘new roles’ within primary care.
- Support the retention of the primary care workforce across all key transitions.
- Enable workforce planning intentions and placement co-ordination through management of clinical placement tariffs.
A new partnership
To secure and retain the Training Hub contract for local delivery, the two existing Training Hubs in Coventry and Warwickshire merged in October 2020.
A new organisation, Coventry & Warwickshire Integrated Primary Care was established to host this contract, in partnership between Coventry & Rugby GP Alliance and SWGP Federation.
This enables us to offer a broad range of clinical and non-clinical training, and ensure the voice of primary care is being heard in response to workforce planning and funding opportunities.
The new Coventry & Warwickshire Training Hub supports workforce planning by:
- Working with system partners.
- Representing primary care at regular and ad hoc workforce meetings.
- Submitting NWRS data quarterly on behalf of PCNs.
- Supporting data collation and upward reporting of PCN workforce plans.
- Bidding for and securing funding for training, including:
- Significant funding to deliver a GPN-ST pilot programme, resulting in six new GP nurses commencing at practices and Birmingham City University.
- Funding through the Local Workforce Advisory Board to deliver a remote Independent Prescribing pilot group.
- Places for ACP and GPN Fundamentals through the HEE system receiving and benefiting from thousands of pounds funding for our nurses.