Working closely with PCNs across South Warwickshire, we have:
- Supported personal protective equipment (PPE) ordering and cleaning guidance during the first wave
- Re-established daytime support for practices in the second wave
- Set up and ran hot hubs to support practices with infection control and protect staff
- Provided hot hub support during extended hours
- Negotiated support from the CCG
- Set up a reporting scheme which enables us to support practices who self-report as being amber or red
- Provided resilience support, including access to extended workforce
- Provided AccuRx software, following the urgent need to move to online patient consultations
- Supported Care Homes – in line with national guidance recommending that all care homes required a weekly ward, we established financial support to help practices already providing ward rounds. We also put in place Frailty GP support for care homes not already covered
Hot hub appointments offered
Hot hub staff briefed
Boxes of PPE distributed
Figures up to, and including, 2020.
We continue to support PCNs to deliver COVID immunisation clinics and booking lines, including working in partnership with Warwickshire CAVA to source volunteers for the clinics.
“When Arden PCN were looking to set up a suitable Covid vaccination clinic it quickly became apparent that our surgeries were simply too small. We therefore selected a perfect site in Studley and asked SWGP to manage the staffing, IT support and telephone booking to give our patients a seamless service.
Despite massive logistical difficulties and immense pressure, I’m pleased to say that in partnership together we have successfully started today and I have great confidence in being able to continue to deliver a wonderful service to our patients. Thanks for your help.”