PCNs typically cover 30,000-50,000 patients, with GP practices working together with other local service providers such as community, mental health, pharmacy, hospital, voluntary and social care services.
SWGP supports seven PCNs across South Warwickshire, taking on responsibility for recruiting and managing staff as well as supporting service delivery to maximise the benefits to patients within the resources available.
PCNs are rapidly developing and taking on huge areas of new responsibility, not least in providing Additional Roles staff, which is the largest growth in the primary care workforce for a generation.
At least £200,000 in 2021/22 is committed by SWGP to support PCNs and employing PCN managers.
Our PCN support services
- Supplying a fully funded PCN Manager for each PCN
- Educational supervision for all Additional Roles staff
- Working with PCN Clinical Directors to establish workforce plans
- Acting as the lead employer for all Additional Roles
- Supporting the negotiation and appointment of FCPs for all the networks. The cost above the maximum reimbursable rate will be met by SWFT
- Setting up PCN accounts
- Supporting the management of transactions through the PCN
- Annual accounts for each PCN
PCN Clinical Directors and Federation Board
We have established this board to support the development of the PCNs and ensure our Federation is responsive to PCN needs. Only issues specific to PCNs are discussed at this level.