In this quick-fire feature, we chat to SWGP Federation team members to hear about the ins and outs of their working day, the parts they most enjoy, and how they like to relax outside of work.
Let’s get started…
1. What’s your name and job title?
Hi, I’m Louise Masterson and I’m a Primary Care Network* Manager. I cover seven GP practices across Arden and three GP practices in Dene and Stour Valleys.
* Primary Care Networks (PCNs) were introduced in 2019 as part of the NHS England Long Term Plan. Find out more.
2. Tell us a bit about your job – what do you do day-to-day?
I have worked in General Practice for eight years and was Operations Manager at a GP practice before I started this role. I’ve worked for SWGP for a year now. In my role I work alongside the Federation, Clinical Directors and Practice Managers within my PCN to support the PCN and Additional Roles staff.
3. What aspect of your job do you most enjoy?
I love how varied my role is and all of the different roles I get to work with. I learn something new every day.
4. Break time: tea or coffee? Or something else?
5. How do you relax outside of work? Do you have any hobbies/personal interests you’d like to share or any tips on how you look after your wellbeing?
I have a stepson and two boys, as well as a puppy that keep me busy in my spare time. I’m also studying for my degree outside of work. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, and I enjoy photography (when I can fit it in).
6. Can you tell us about a project or achievement you’re proud of? Or share some tips or learning points that might be useful to others in the team?
I am proud of being part of the team that set up the first vaccination site in South Warwickshire. Working through the COVID pandemic, in general, made me immensely proud to work in South Warwickshire because everyone pulled together in some really difficult times to deliver amazing service and care.
Find out more about SWGP’s COVID-19 services.