In this quick-fire feature, we chat to SWGP Federation team members to hear about the ins and outs of their working day, the parts they most enjoy, and how they like to relax outside of work.
Let’s get started…
1. What’s your name and job title?
Hello, I’m Jo, Primary Care Network* Manager. I work in the Warwickshire East Primary Care Network, covering Fenny Compton, Kineton, Southam Stowe Drive, St Wulfstan and Harbury.
* Primary Care Networks (PCNs) were introduced in 2019 as part of the NHS England Long Term Plan. Find out more.
2. Tell us a bit about your job – what do you do day to day?
I have worked with the Warwickshire East PCN since July 2021. I have recently been promoted to the role of the Primary Care Network Manager which I am really enjoying. Prior to this I worked as Deputy PCN Manager two days a week and Social Prescribing Link Worker three days a week.
I work alongside our Clinical Director. We have a very good working relationship and pride ourselves as a very forward thinking PCN, with patient wellbeing being at the forefront of our minds. We continue to build relationships within the workplace and have a dedicated and hard-working health and wellbeing team.
We have recently set up a Bereavement and Loss Group for patients who are registered at practices within the East PCN, which has been a great success. This service involves working with Warwickshire College to introduce Psychological Therapy trainees into our PCN practices and we have now taken on another five trainee counsellors due to demand.
Our PCN has also had the honour of piloting the SilverCloud online platform, an online self-help programme using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), for patients that are registered at our surgeries. The programme gives our patients access to eight self-help modules which do not require GP referral.
3. What aspect of your job do you most enjoy?
I really enjoy bringing our PCN forward and working to support our staff and the patient population.
4. Break time: tea or coffee? Or something else?
5. How do you relax outside of work? Do you have any hobbies/personal interests you’d like to share or any tips on how you look after your wellbeing?
I like to take the dog for a walk and spend time with family and friends.
6. Can you tell us about a project or achievement you’re proud of?
Setting up the trainee counsellors to work with our patient community.